IBM Sterling Ideas
formerly Watson Supply Chain
Submit new product ideas for IBM Sterling solutions. Before you submit, please review existing ideas; if an idea close to yours already exists, it's better to add comments or vote on the existing idea. We will review your ideas and use them to help prioritize our product development. Best of all, the portal will automatically update you when the status of your idea has been changed. Order Management, Store Engagement, Watson Order Optimizer, Inventory Visibility, CPQ and Call Center are now part of Watson Supply Chain
Connect with IBM experts and your peers on the
Supply Chain Collaboration Community and the Order Management Interest Group
1) Supported delivery methods, SLAs by delivery methods, calendars and capacities for nodes.
2) There should be a way to specify conditional values for node parameters.
A few example use cases
1) For a Node, Delivery Method, SKU --> Based on SLA and time of the day, I should be able to define inventory restriction e.g. 10 units for next day shipping if the local time at node is between 10 am - 3 pm, 20 units for same day pickup between 9 am - 5 pm etc.
2) For a node, delivery method, sku --> I should be able to restrict selling inventory for a specific duration of day/week/days etc. This is typically done for marketing ad/campaigns. At any time there can be multiple such planned set of restrictions which can also overlap. e.g. no ship inventory is available for sku 1 between 10 am to 2 pm for a flash sale
3) For a node, delivery method, sku --> I should be able to restrict based on min qty of units. e.g. I could say SKU1 is not available from node 1 if the qty is below 5.. however node 2 may not have such restriction.
4) If my capacity for a node, delivery method, SLA runs out, the caller should know about it. e.g. if a store can process only 30 units for ship if the number of confirmed demands has reached 30 for that node, in subsequent calls the restriction should be sent to indicate "i am out of capacity for today" the next order will ship out tomorrow etc.. there should also be an option to just turn the node off in such cases.
In all such cases, typically inventory is available with some restrictions. These restrictions are returned along with inventory information. The client e.g. an online shopping website may want to make decision based on the restrictions.
Reservations should honor restrictions and should not be allowed if inventory restriction is satisfied in the input data.
How will this idea be used?
To enable / disable inventory restrictions for consumption across channels
|What is your industry?||Retail|
|What is the idea priority?||High|
|Link to original RFE|